Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New Search er Decision Engine

There is a new "decision" engine out called Bing that is apparently a replacement for Live Search. It looks a lot like Google, only with a pretty picture in the background. I'm not sure if that changes every day, as I only found it. I did a quick search and it came up with what I wanted. So that's something. Robert X Cringely (I'm not sure if that is his real name, but he's pretty humorous)writes a pretty funny review of it.

He mentions another "decision engine" called Hunch that asks you a lot of questions in order to help you make a decision about something. Doesn't sound like the time it would take, and it could help them with selling your answers somewhere down the line.

Just ask your Mother, she's likely keen to tell you what to do anyway.

No comments: